Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Being thrifty only makes "cents" when it comes to kid clothes


Today I visited a kids clothing thrift store. It was a total hidden gem I stumbled upon. I knew it was there but just never ventured in before and sadly will admit it was because of my own silly pride. Thinking there is nothing there for me or my kids... boy was I wrong. Not even 5 minutes in the store I had an arm full of great clothing for my girls. Name brand clothing I have been paying name brand prices for. Don't get me wrong, I will still buy new items. Mainly because I love boutique clothing. But my girls can ruin a brand new item in one craft session, playground day, or just a regular day. And they grow so fast too. Both my girls love new clothes and when I arrived home with a bag full of dressess, shorts, shirts and skirts they were so excited. The best part was that they did not even know that I spent only $30 on all of it. The picture of them with all the new (to them) clothing shows the level of excitment when the new clothes arrived. I found Old Navy, Gymboree and Gap just waiting for me at prices like $1.50 for sweaters. I highly recommened not passing up the chance to stop in a childrens thrift store..You just never know what you will find, and for me it left more money in my wallet for a visit to the Scrapbooking store today too.
For my local readers, make sure you stop by the thrift store at the new Parent Link building in High Level. Not only did I get a great deal on some great clothing but I felt great for helping out with a wonderful program. Here is the web adress to check out the programs offered there http://www.highleveltoylibraryparentlinkcentre.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am such a big fan of thrift store shopping for my boys. My thought is that while they're still to young to know the difference or care, why not do it? My husband says he sometimes feel bad his kids are in "second-hand clothes," but I think it's smart and thrifty! : )
I am your newest follower from MBC - visit me/follow at www.fatnutritionwriter.blogspot.com